In the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015, 153 volunteers provided over 1,827 hours to the Lighthouse to help us carry out our mission. We are always looking for one-time, short-term, or long-term volunteers to fill positions that include:
- Experienced Clerks/Admin – Pasco Office
- Children & Teens Program Assistant for Field Trips and Special Events
- Committee Members
- Drivers Needed – Hernando & Citrus
- Event Helpers – Pasco & Hernando
- Gardeners – Hernando Office
- Graphic Designer (electronic and print/virtual opportunity using your own computer and software packages)
- Manufacturing Project Assistant
- Phone Fundraiser
- Photographer/Videographer using own equipment
For more information:
Notes about volunteering:
- Lighthouse assigns responsibilities based on volunteer interests, capabilities, availability and demand.
- Our volunteer opportunities are ongoing and sometimes on-call.
- We have a biannual newsletter as well as other mailers to send, and we have various events throughout the year. We need people to help with mailings and help with events on a regular basis.
- We need drivers, cleaners and gardeners on a weekly basis.
- We need writers periodically to help word smith and/or write newsletters, proposals and other written media.
- Most volunteering is done Monday to Friday during business hours.
- If there is something you’d like to volunteer for that is not on our list, please let us know.
- We check references and run criminal background checks as required.
For more formation about volunteering, contact the Lighthouse.