In the fiscal year ending June 30, 2017, 88 volunteers provided over 1675 hours to the Lighthouse to help us carry out our mission. We are always looking for one-time, short-term, or long-term volunteers to fill positions that include:
- Experienced Clerks/Admin – Pasco Office
- Children & Teens Program Assistant for Field Trips and Special Events
- Committee Members
- Event Helpers – Pasco & Hernando
- Graphic Designer (electronic and print/virtual opportunity using your own computer and software packages)
- Phone Fundraiser
- Photographer/Videographer using own equipment
For more information:
Notes about volunteering:
- Lighthouse assigns responsibilities based on volunteer interests, capabilities, availability and demand.
- Our volunteer opportunities are varied–some are one-time only or ongoing, and sometimes on-call.
- We have a biannual newsletter as well as other mailers to send, and we have various events throughout the year. We need people to help with mailings and help with events on a regular basis.
- We need virtual writers sporadically to help word smith and/or write newsletters, proposals and other written media. However, this is not on our volunteer list because at this time, we have enough volunteer writers. If you would like to be on our volunteer writer wait-list, please contact the Lighthouse.
- Most volunteering is done Monday to Friday during business hours.
- If there is something you’d like to volunteer for that is not on our list, please let us know.
- We check references and run criminal background checks as required.
For more formation about volunteering, contact the Lighthouse.